Monday, September 25, 2006

1st week at stanford

it's been a week since we arrived at Stanford on Sep 17, Sun. It was my birthday too actually, but when I asked HL for my birthday present, he told me bringing me to US for 10 months is a gift in itself....hmm, somehow, I didn't quite buy that..

When we first arrived, I was struck by the sheer size of the campus! It is huge, and also as we meet more people, I realised truly international as well. We have met people from Isreal, Zimbabwe, Greece, Berlin, and of course, Asia countries like Japan, Korea, China, Malaysia and our fellow Singaporeans.

The first 5 evenings saw us making daily trips on the free internal shuttle provided by Stanford to Walmart, Target, Safeway to get our daily living neccesities and to stock up the fridge, so we don't have to rely on Jack in the box and Macdonalds for dinner (which was what we had for 3 dinners last week).

No comments: