Monday, January 29, 2007

Marina supermarket



This is the Chinese supermarket that we go to for Chinese groceries sometimes (I have been able to get lup cheong, fishcakes and cheaper vegetables, fish and pork here compared to Safeway).

Previously, we have relied on the kindness of Sun Sun (a fellow Singaporean studying here) and her family to get a ride in their car to this supermarket in Cupertino, 40 min drive from campus.

Recently, the school community started a free shuttle every Saturday from Jan to Mar from campus to Cupertino.

Here, I am enjoying a cup of bubble tea - strange thing is, in Singapore, I never really craved for bubble tea, but over here, sometimes, you just miss food and drinks that is Chinese/Asian, and a taste of that can send you over the moon, and ease that feeling of home sickness...

2 comments:

zkcp said...

I go to marina a lot when we are in San Jose! :)that's where i load up on vietnamese spring roll before I went back to spore. Yes, I know what you mean on the bubble tea. I don't really drink it in Singapore, but I drink whenever I can in the States and have been binging on hot bubble tea for the past few months since I came back to new york. It's my comfort drink!

American tales said...

yes, i loved the hot bubble tea in Chinatown when i was in NY as well - we had it twice during our short visit there in Dec 06!