Monday, March 12, 2007

ground coffee


I felt like the biggest idiot in this world last Wednesday morning when I woke up for work, and happily wanted to brew myself a nice steaming hot cup of organic blend Starbucks coffee.

As I kept on stirring the coffee, I was wondering why is the damn coffee powder not dissolving in the hot water....then it struck me as I was staring at the coffee package! Ground coffee IS NOT instant coffee!!!

I am sure I am probably the only "goon du" in this world who will mistake ground for instant coffee, although I am sure my "non-Starbucks coffee-drinking" background in Singapore has more or less attributed to this silly mistake!

Actually I bought this from the supermarket as it was on offer, and I decided to "pamper" myself with some "real coffee" while I am here in US, instead of always drinking instant coffee (since there is no kopi tiam coffee here)...

So now, I have to take an extra step every morning to stir the coffee, let it settle down, and try my best to pour out the drink (sans ground coffee residue) into another cup before I can enjoy my drink - sigh, what a price to pay for this silly mistake

4 comments:

Mamamia said...

Auntie Anna, why don't you invest in a plunger. This will save you some time in the morning.

From, The group "MAMAMIA" aka(Claire)

Anonymous said...

yeap, go to ROSS and buy a Bodum plunger or french press. I bot one last time for US$20 and it sells in CK Tang for S$168!!!

Anonymous said...

Why dont you use a tagboard , its saves the truoble of clicking on the comments =]www.cbox.ws

Anonymous said...

Just use the old fashioned coffee sock like the kopitiam aunties ...