Thursday, May 24, 2007

De Young Museum and Strybing Arboretum


went on a Wednesday tour organized by the I-center last week to De Young Museum and Strybing Arboretum in the San Francisco Botanical Gardens (yes, despite my "busy" studying schedule, I decided I should make the most of my remaining time here to enjoy San Francisco and its wonderful places of interest).

the weather was perfect that day, and we started our trip with a visit to the 8th floor Observatory at the De Young Museum where we had a bird's eye view of the Golden Gate Park and beyond. The De Young Museum's architecture tries to blend the building with its nature surroundings, and the Arboretum was a great place to stroll through with separate areas dedicated to flora from different parts of the world.

at the end of the trip, I was quite thrilled to see a family of ducklings with the mother duck enjoying the afternoon sun by the pond! we don't get to see much of this in a concrete jungle like Singapore...

these are the pictures from the trip:

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0AcNGThi1ZNGLDgA

No comments: